Swagbucks has paid over $250 million in rewards to its members — here’s how it gets you free money for taking surveys, shopping, and watching videos.
These days, having extra cash to help pay for small fix-ups around the house, personal care items, clothing is a necessity. Though everyone would love to make more money every month, most of us don’t have the time outside of school, work, and other obligations to take on (or find) large paid projects or tasks.
What is SwagBucks
A great low-effort, low-time commitment solution is Swagbucks, a free site, app, and browser extension that gives you cash and gift cards for the things you’re already doing every day. SwagBucks launched back in February 2008 and has paid out over $260 million in cash and free gift cards to its members. But it’s only natural to question its legitimacy and ease of use.
When you use SwagBucks, the service does exactly what it promises. By following basic guidelines surrounding automation, safety, and appropriate content, you’ll be rewarded for your online and in-person shopping, browsing, and viewing activities.
SwagBucks is free to join, and there are many ways to earn.
Ways To Earn
Swagbucks keeps track of all your activity through “SB points.” These are all the different ways to earn SB points:
- Shop online at over 1,500 retailers including Amazon, Walmart, and Target. You can earn up to 10% cash back (10 SB points = $1), plus get access to exclusive deals and coupons to your favorite retailers. SB points are given for both printing and redeeming coupons. Bonus, if you book travel through travel sites like Expedia and Priceline, you’ll also get points.
- Shop in person and order from restaurants. as an in-store shopper, keep your receipts and upload them to the site and you can earn hundreds to thousands of SB points. Through Swagbucks Local, you can get cash back when you link a credit or debit card and eat at participating restaurants in your area – or order curbside pick up for now.
- Take short surveys to earn SB points for each survey completed. Daily polls will earn you 1 SB point. The survey section also includes “Tasks,” which consist of small editing, transcription, and validation jobs you can do for SB points.
- Watch videos that Swagbucks has already put together for you in playlists. Playlists are categorized into different topics, so you can watch videos you’re actually interested in. We let these run in the background while doing dishes.
- Donate to charities like American Red Cross and Save the Children to earn thousands of SB points.
- Search the web by making Swagbucks your default search engine and earn points just by searching as you would normally.
- Play games online to earn 12 SB per every $1 spent on cash entry fees for the game. These games include Wheel of Fortune, Bejeweled and Trivial Pursuit.
An additional way to earn points is to refer your friends. You each earn a 300 SB bonus when they earn 300 SB before the 1st of the following month, and as a referrer, you’ll also get 10% of their SB earnings.
Finally, Swag Codes get you instant SB points. They can be found on Swagbucks’ social media pages or around the actual site.
So how much can you really make?
Once you have enough points, redeem them for retailer gift cards or cash via PayPal. Typically, 1,000 SB points equals $10, and it is fair to say you can earn $20-$200 by using SwagBucks.
Consider using Swagbucks as a supplemental source of cash and gift cards you want without too much time and effort. Though Swagbucks might not necessarily give you a livable income, it’s a nice way to be rewarded for the activities you’re already doing.